You can charge customers by credit card or PayPal by integrating your store with your PayPal Business Account.
If you don’t have a PayPal Business Account, follow these steps to get one:
- Go to PayPal.com.
- Click “Sign Up” at the top of the page.
- Click on “Get Started” under Business Account. (If you already have a PayPal account, click “Upgrade” on the right side of the page.)
- Select “Website Payments Standard” from the drop down menu.
- Follow the three PayPal steps listed on the PayPal website.
Once you have your PayPal business account. Follow these steps:
- Login to your store
- Click on the “Store” tab
- Click on the “Settings” sub tab
- Enter in the email you use to login to your PayPal business account
- Click on the “Update Settings” button located at the bottom of the page to save your changes
Your customers will now be able to purchase your products with a credit card or PayPal account!
NOTE: You will need to verify your bank account and email information with PayPal in order to successfully place an order in your store. It takes 3-5 business days after signing up for a PayPal business account to start accepting payments via PayPal standard (with a credit card). If your cart still doesn’t work after 3 days call PayPal Tech Services directly at 1-800-852-1973 to see whats going on with your account.