Want to increase sales? Take better pictures! Never underestimate the power of your photos.
When you are building your online store put some time and effort into making your products shine.
7 tips on taking better product pictures
1. Use a digital camera. (Just in case you don’t) Using a digital camera will allow you to instantly preview, upload and edit.
2. Use a tripod or some sort of stand. Stack some books, if you don’t have a stand. You will avoid blurry images by having the camera in a fixed position.
3. DON’T USE FLASH. Using flash will wipe out the color and details. Worst of all it will create shadows.
4. Use an easy-on-the-eyes backdrop. Use a cloth or a solid color background. Your product should be the only item in the entire picture. Avoid clutter at all costs.
5. Get close, get personal. Buyers like to see the details of the product, so take pictures that can show every possible detail of the product.
6. Take multiple pictures at different angles. It is all about trial and error. After taking 5-10 pictures of your product, check it out on your computer to see which one looks the best.
7. Edit your pictures. Crop out unneeded space and/or items in the picture. Save them as JPEG files.
I guarantee that after following these 7 tips your customers will have a better shopping experience.